Friday, August 30, 2013

Welcome!

Hello and greetings! My name is Joshua Ng and welcome to my new technical blog! I am currently an undergraduate student, studying computer science at San Jose State University located in California's Silicon Valley.

In my ongoing education and study of computer science at San Jose State University, I have learned to grasp the programming skeleton of the programming language as a whole through the practice of programming through languages such as Java, C, Python, and assembly.

As a computer scientist what makes me excited about the field is most simply put, the astonishing amount that programming has accomplished, its usability in almost all fields of businesses and sciences, and its almost unlimited potential in what it can accomplish and grow into. In specific examples, computer science is used in just about everything from server maintenance, the software in which runs our laptops and computers, algorithms that determine crash course for rockets and space shuttles, virtual environment creation, and so much more. The possibilities are so limitless it is staggering to thing about its potential.

As the weeks go on, I look forward to interaction with visitors to my technical blog through the comments section! Please feel free to comment on my blogs and present feedback to me! Any and all constructive criticisms or conversations are welcome!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Josh, I also love the fact that Computer Science is such a broad field. And like you said not only does it cover many bases, but it improves every field tremendously. Can you imagine where space exploration or medicine would be without the help of computers? In previous years perhaps it was difficult to know where computers where going to go so the field was exciting as it like exploring an unknown sea, but nowadays it's exciting because you can do whatever you set your mind to and are limitless in possibility and capability.

    ReplyDelete